Dear HERUG Colleagues,
Welcome to HERUG 2021. The University of Toronto is excited to be your virtual host for this year’s conference as we work to keep our community connected and learning through these unpreceded times. Keynote speakers and customer sessions have now been selected and the agenda will be updated shortly.
This year’s conference will be hosted using the Hopin Web Conferencing platform in order to provide all attendees with the best experience possible. Information and FAQs on how to take advantage of this virtual experience have been posted to this website.
The last 12 months have been extremely challenging for all of us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all members of the HERUG International Programming Committee below for their help as we have pivoted and re-planned many aspects of this conference to meet a new online format.Read More
2021 HERUG International Planning Committee Members:
- Todd Orr, Associate Vice President Administrative Systems, Duke University
- Jill Mikros, Executive Director, Enterprise HR/Payroll Shared Services & University HR Business Services, Johns Hopkins University
- Hernan Garcia, Vice President Talent & Experience, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Michael Wilmes, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Technische Universität Berlin
- Dr. Nataša Rakić, Head of Steering & Support, ICT Services, University of Amsterdam
- Henny Claessens, Volunteer/Retired, Maastricht University
- Rob Jonkers, Global Senior Director SAP Higher Education & Research
- Nancy Varghese, Global Director, Higher Education and Research
- Malcolm Woodfield, Global Vice President, Head of Industry Business Unit Education & Research
We look forward to welcoming you soon, while not in person, in the traditional “HERUG Community Spirit” of collaboration, founded in our appreciation for the value of higher education, the world over.
HERUG 2021 Conference Chair
Director Enterprise Applications and Deputy CIO
University of Toronto
About HERUG 2021
The University of Toronto is pleased to host the SAP Higher Education and Research User Group (HERUG) Conference in spring 2021. The theme for next year’s conference is “Innovative Solutions for the Intelligent University,” a tribute to the important and unique role played by the HERUG community in sharing new ideas and solutions, which advance and strengthen our collective mission of serving the public good through teaching and research. Over the past several years, many of our institutions have experienced tremendous change, not only due to advances in SAP and related technologies but because the very nature of higher education is changing rapidly. Institutions are innovating in response – whether this is designing a new employee experience to attract the best talent, automating business processes to streamline financial or research operations, or obtaining insights into student applications and retention, we all have stories to share in meeting these new challenges and the University of Toronto is excited to play a role in accelerating these conversations at this year’s conference.